Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
tony944 tony944 is offline

Default Horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m scans

"Tony" wrote in message news
Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz wrote:
"Emran M." wrote:
How do I get rid of horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m
copies and scans?

Whether I copy or scan, I get horizontal streaks like this:
______________________________________
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
______________________________________

What is the cause and solution for these horizontal streaks?

For clarification
You are saying this only happens when you are scanning or copying? And
presumably does not happen when you are printing from a computer.
If that is right then this is not a problem with the printung mechanism
which
contains several rollers, but it is a problem with the scanning mechanism
(and
any rollers in that mechanism are very unlikely to cause this sort of
issue).
There is only one thing that you can do and that is locate the scanning
glass
and clean it very carefully, an extremely tiny dot of some contaminant
(white
out or similar) will cause long sstreaks on the scanner output. If that
does
not fix it then it looks like an electronic problem to me and that is
probably
not worth trying to repair. The glass is behind the feed cover. I see
someone
has directed you to the manual, it will explain how to get at the glass.
Window
cleaner will do the trick.

I just read the rest of this thread, and saw the scan you posted. If that is
exactly what the scanner is producing then I have never seen anything like
that
and it is not caused by contamination on the scanner glass (because you say
the
lines are not in the direction of paper movement in the scanner). It
actually
looks like a scan of a photo printed by an inkjet printer that needs the
heads
cleaning but I am sure you sent the output of the scanner without any
further
processing didn't you?
Tony
Solution simple buy new one