Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Darned VFD blew up today!

Try to understand why it blew - is it under strain due to dry shafts ?
Wrong lube or something causing more back pressure ... Might be
important to check first - less you buy another in due time.

Martin

On 6/24/2016 9:15 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 16:37:44 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Dang! Right in the middle of a five-hour job, and the VFD on our bed
router upchucked! Darn... $1100 for a new one.

And unfortunately, this stupid router's control is tightly knit into some
proprietary 'uniqueness' of this one brand (Delta)... so I can't just
easily slip in a generic.

I'll fix that, when work slacks, and I re-fit the dumb thing with a decent
control and servos instead of steppers.

Lloyd

www.drivesdirect.com

---