Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Shooting the messenger

Brian Gaff wrote

Well they problem is that they have got to appear to be firm, as there are
other countries who are limbering up to try to tweak the rules for
themselves. The big problem for us seems to be that this choice is not
exactly what most of the people wanted, despite the vote.

I think they wanted to say **** off government and what about us not in
London?

There arent enough of those to get that result and it doesn’t explain
the result seen in Scotland and Northern Ireland etc either.

However from what I've been hearing its turning into wrinklies want out,
yooung wanted in,

There certainly was a real variation like that.

and we could see some kind of backlash in the country over this with
regions persecuting the outers .

Not even possible to do that.

Youung versus old and region against region.

Politics has always been like that.

Inf only the EU could see the wood for the trees here they could run a
united states of Europe but with some local opt outs that could be
dispensed with gradually as the standards of living ironed out.

That was always contrary to the way the EU operated right from the start.

Yes, that could well be their undoing now that huge numbers of EU citizens
choose to move within the EU to better their personal circumstances. But it
should have been obvious that that was going to happen because that has
been going on in europe for millennia now. And not just in europe either.

I feel sorry for the Welsh, as they are net winners being in the EU, but
now where will the money come from?

What comes from the EU will be gone and they will get to like that or lump
it.

We shall see, its not too late to have a rethink,

Yes it is.

but it looks like the EU will want to use the stick not the carrot on
their other descentors

Yes, that is how they operate.

which I think will hasten the break up not stop it. Junkers is a bit of an
idiot.

It isn't just Junker, it has always been the way the EU operates.

"tim..." wrote in message
Listening to the Euro stuff on the news as I sit here

And there's all this stuff about how the EU officials are insisting that
we do this and insisting that we do that

and I can't help but come to the conclusion that much of what they are
doing is simply "shooting the messenger"

tim