Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Very nice deal on diesel 15,000 lb outdoor forklift

On 2016-06-18, Ignoramus20400
wrote:
I was very happy yesterday, a heavy duty forklift in great condition
that I bought for very little.

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...-150-Forklift/

Nice deal. But I am a little puzzled by "solid pneumatic
tires". I through that they were either solid (rubber) or inflated with
air (pneumatic), but I may be mis-informed.

They are solid, but made of soft rubber inside, so they act like
pneumatic tires and provide better cushioning. In forklifts, "Solid
Tires" refer to hard rubber tires that are only suitable for use on
hard surfaces. Solid pneumatic tires can drive on compacted dirt. (not
on fresh soil)

Is that exactly it or are they foam filled penumatics? I had a scissor lift
at one time that had tires that looked like they belonged on an ATV. They
were heavy ply pneumatics that had been foam filled. It worked well on hard
pack and decently on turf. They would get torn up rather quickly on asphalt
or concrete, so I had a second set of the regular white rubber hard tires I
used most of the time.

These are factory made solid pneumatic tires, Solideal brand

Ya, but the wheels, you need to paint them Black.
Maybe just took the picture before you finished?
Mikek