Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Talk about selfish old people..

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote
Capitol wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Archibald Tarquin
wrote

There wasn't a very good educational system fifty years back.

Complete ********. Willing to bet the
basics were far better taught than today.

You've just lost that bet on the basics of being able to read and write
alone.

And that's not the fault of the schools.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Whose fault is it then?

I suspect things were not that good years back actually.

I know they weren't based on the number that
left school without being able to read or write alone.

I clearly recollect being threatened with a pair of scissors
in primary school. These were to be used to cut off the
offending digit[s] if I continued to use my left hand.

This would have been in 1959, St Josephs primary school,
Hall St Burslem S-O-T. The Teacher was Mrs Mc Corry,
who lived in a villiage outside the city [I think Rode Heath]

Certainly explains how you are today }-(

Now something must have made an impression
if that lot stayed in the memory banks.

True. My only similar recollection is being ****ed
off at being told that I could say 'we jumped on
the train' in one of my first essays in primary school.

But I have always been right handed.

We just don't get the same level of motivation these days.

And I still write with my left hand!!!

You can keep your freudian theories on motivation, your
computers, B ed's etc, and replace them with a pair of scissors.