Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:56:00 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 25/06/16 22:46, Tim+ wrote:
Nightjar wrote:

It doesn't actually need any more signatures to get discussed, already
having over a million signatures, but if anybody feels like signing it:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Nah. I voted remain but the you can't change the rules *after* the vote.
For better or worse, the deed is done.

Tim

It's not quite done.

Cameron has reneged on triggering Article 50 himself,

I heard a newsreader tonight using the 'If' word re us leaving.

and is probably
hoping everyone will change their mind in 3 months.

If many haven't done so already?

When/if that happens, British politics is dead in the water. Or UKIP
will win some seats at the next election, along with a general surge in
far right party members.

It could be said that might be a small price to pay compared with the
alternative?

Again, I don't know much about all this but I'm guessing much of what
goes on in the front of British politics is actually *physically* done
by civil servants and secretaries? Because of that I'd think there was
more chance of life just carrying on if we stayed but even with no
formal government than with one trying to get out of the EU? (Assuming
such things are allowed etc)? shrug

Cheers, T i m