Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

On 25/06/2016 22:23, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Roger
wrote:

The exaggerations from both sides got a lot of exposure - and rebuttals
- during the campaign but it was always made perfectly clear that we
were only going to get one shot at this.

Yeahbut I'm not sure how much that particular penny dropped amongst
many? I don't think I heard a single person repeating the 'we'll only
get one chance' thing for instance.

Both sides were making it very clear - there was no attempt to hide it.

Despite all the froth from the SNP, it's very unlikely that they would
win - or even hold - a second independence referendum.

I thought it was already in hand Roger?

well the First Minister is talking about drawing up enabling legislation
- but that's a long way from actually *holding* a referendum. AIUI,
they'd need to co-operation of the British Government, as before. They
may or may not get that.
--
Cheers,
Roger