Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.sys.hp.hardware,sci.electronics.repair
Tony Tony is offline

Default Horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m scans

"Emran M." wrote:
How do I get rid of horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m
copies and scans?

Whether I copy or scan, I get horizontal streaks like this:
______________________________________
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|-------------------------------------|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
______________________________________

What is the cause and solution for these horizontal streaks?

For clarification
You are saying this only happens when you are scanning or copying? And
presumably does not happen when you are printing from a computer.
If that is right then this is not a problem with the printung mechanism which
contains several rollers, but it is a problem with the scanning mechanism (and
any rollers in that mechanism are very unlikely to cause this sort of issue).
There is only one thing that you can do and that is locate the scanning glass
and clean it very carefully, an extremely tiny dot of some contaminant (white
out or similar) will cause long sstreaks on the scanner output. If that does
not fix it then it looks like an electronic problem to me and that is probably
not worth trying to repair. The glass is behind the feed cover. I see someone
has directed you to the manual, it will explain how to get at the glass. Window
cleaner will do the trick.
Tony