Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

On 25/06/16 19:42, polygonum wrote:
On 25/06/2016 18:46, TimW wrote:

I don't have crystal ball but I am sure that the referendum is no way
the end of it. It is very doubtful that we will ever have a government
that is prepared to act on the result and actually leave.

Even the people who voted leave - half of them will change their minds
when they see the econimic catastrophe that they have created, none of
them will feel good about breaking up the United Kingdom, quite a lot
will just die in the next 12 months, so any government tying to actually
implement a Brexit will be doing so against and not with the support of
a big majority of voters.

What a mess Cameron has made.

I especially agree with the last point.

For something as huge as this, it is arguable that the bar should be set
to at least 50% of the electorate regardless of how many vote.

Why? That'll simply bias one outcome (the status quo).

Abstaining is abstaining. It implies nothing.