Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Shooting the messenger

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 20:35:35 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

On 25/06/2016 19:27, T i m wrote:
"During the two-year negotiation period, EU laws would still apply to
the UK. The UK would continue to participate in other EU business as
normal, but it would not participate in internal EU discussions or
decisions on its own withdrawal."

Even if that were the broad intent and actuality, there are things like
the European Medicines Agency which is based in London. I can't see that
remaining there for two years, and then suddenly moving on the last day
of year two.

Nope.

Still less can I imagine the 27 being happy for it to
remain located in London beyond two years. So, I suspect they are likely
already close to deciding a new location and packing up whatever they
will take with them as soon as possible.

Well, I think it's still early days on this relationship breakup. We
are currently in the 'threats and crying' stage and hope to get the
decree Nisi before the end of the year. At that point some may accept
it's serious and others will wait for the absolute two years later
before changing their stationary. ;-)

That would not, in my view, constitute continued participation in other
EU business as normal.

Nope ... 'talk to my solicitor'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m