Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

"T i m" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 12:52:54 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 13:08:34 +0100, Richard wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message

It doesn't actually need any more signatures to get discussed, already
having over a million signatures, but if anybody feels like signing it:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

WTF?!! Right now there are 1546 people in my constituency who are too
stupid to understand how democracy works.

Some nutters are claiming that a large number of Google searches for
"what is the EU for?" (or something like that) is proof that the voters
didn't understand what they were voting on. It doesn't seem to have
occurred to these morons that this was most likely just inquisitive
children trying to find out what all the fuss was about!!

Bingo! ;-)

Like I said, a touch screen multiple choice 'Do you have a f'g clue'
pop political awareness test before the Vote now button pops up. 7/10
or less and no treat. ;-)

I believe we, as a nation are as apathetic towards politics as we are
religion and that's because our relatively safe and comfortable lives,
allows for that.

Hence, when something comes up (like this) we aren't ready for it.

If one is stupid/apathetic/simply pathetic, tough.