Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default STI problems

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 16:13:38 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 06/24/2016 1:43 PM, wrote:

These are not the locking type....

As I figured...

I suppose nothing new to report as yet...

I now have samples of EZ Lock brand inserts and another brand that I
don't know the name of. I did get prices for inserts and the insertion
tools from KATO. The tanged inserts are 12 cents each and the tangless
ones are 85 cents each along with $209.00 for the insertion tool. The
tangless ones will not be cost effective especially since these parts
don't have blind holes which could hold a removed tang and later drop
it into a sensitive aircraft component. Next week I'll be testing the
two new brands of inserts.
Eric