Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cash Cash is offline

Default Talk about selfish old people..

dennis@home wrote:
It looks as though nearly all the youngsters, that is the people that
will be most affected by the referendum, voted to stay in.

Si its going to personally afect you then? Good!

So loads of old codgers have voted on a major issue that has no effect
on them at all and left a mess for the next generation or two.

My wife and I are both very "old codgers) and we both voted to stay!

Using your theory, then it must be that far more "young codgers" voted for
out!

So it would be likely that all that has happened is that the UK will
reapply in a few years time when the old codgers have gone and rejoin
at but with worse terms.

Remember, it was us old codgers that voted for IN the first place - and from
your attitude, that was probably before you were even born!

And what makes you think that the EU will want the "little Englanders" to
return?

That is assuming there is a UK and not a little England.

There is, and always has been, a "little England" and that will never
change.

I can just imagine Scotland going independent and then joining the EU
and vetoing England's application.

Let them go, as long as the rest of the UK stops paying them the millions
they are getting under the Barnet formula!

In a funny way, it's nice to see that the incumbent 'spin doctor' PM has
dropped a monumental bollock with the referendum - and to hear that Farriges
£300,000,000 that was to be given to the NHS upon Exit was a pack of lies
(sorry, he apparently said it was a mistake)