Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

On 25/06/16 19:13, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 18:58:26 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 25/06/16 18:56, soup wrote:
On 25/06/2016 11:42, Nightjar wrote:

Is it democracy when 37.4% of the electorate can make a decision for the
whole?

Yup

No, it's a farce.

From which we gather you were on the losing side. I doubt you'd be
quite so vociferous about how farcical it was if the result had been
the other way around, but with the same numbers.

Major constitutional change requires a weighty mandate. It's a well
established principle, otherwise we are all over the place (which we
are). We have a tiny majority, nothing even resembling a mandate for
leave which will be reversed in a month. I don't blame Farage. Dave has
really badly ****ed up because he valued power and the unity of his
party before everything else.