Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_2_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_2_] is offline

Default Talk about selfish old people..

On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 18:57:21 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Archibald Tarquin
wrote:

There wasn't a very good educational system fifty years back.

Complete ********. Willing to bet the basics were far better taught than
today. And that's not the fault of the schools.

Whose fault is it then?

I suspect things were not that good years back actually.

I clearly recollect being threatened with a pair of scissors in
primary school. These were to be used to cut off the offending
digit[s] if I continued to use my left hand.

This would have been in 1959, St Josephs primary school, Hall St
Burslem S-O-T. The Teacher was Mrs Mc Corry, who lived in a villiage
outside the city [I think Rode Heath]

Now something must have made an impression if that lot stayed in the
memory banks.

We just don't get the same level of motivation these days.

And I still write with my left hand!!!

You can keep your freudian theories on motivation, your computers, B
ed's etc, and replace them with a pair of scissors.

AB

---