Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Removing paper backing from old Plexiglas

On 2016-06-25, John wrote:
replying to Robert Green, John wrote:
It actually works. Soak paper with lacquer thinner
Allow to soak for 10 minutes then test peel. If not lifting, add another wipe
of thinner. When paper lifts, peel back slowly and repeat till the end. Wipe
off excess glue with thinner rag as you go....thank you so much...

I'm not gonna dispute John's post, as I do not know what they are
doing, now. But, waay back, we had some really old Plexiglass w/ some
kinda brn paper protecting the surface.

Couldn't get it off. Tried everything and we hadda buncha choices.
This at a govt lab that could get any solvent on the planet. We
finally settled on Stodard's (mineral) solvent.

Still, this was many yrs ago. The last sheet of Plexiglass I bought
had some sorta "clear" covering. Heck, it's peeling off on its own.

nb