Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Petition for Second Referendum

On 25/06/2016 11:42, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Jun-16 11:29 AM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

It doesn't actually need any more signatures to get discussed, already
having over a million signatures, but if anybody feels like signing it:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

So, over a million who don't understand democracy. Are they all called
Charlotte Church, perhaps?

Is it democracy when 37.4% of the electorate can make a decision for the
whole?

If that's how the rules are defined - yes!

If 25% of the population chooses not to take part, that's *their*
problem. It doesn't detract from the decision taken by the 75% who *do*
bother to vote.

It's far more democratic than our first-past-the-post parliamentary
election system - which we had the opportunity to change a few years
ago, but flunked it!
--
Cheers,
Roger