Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How do I start my lawnmower with little effort?

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 7:48:25 PM UTC-4, Terry S. wrote:
My problem: I just had cataract surgery and the doctor said that for the time being I should not life more than 25 pounds or otherwise overly exert myself.

The grass on my lawn is high and needs cutting badly. I have a walk-behind, self-propelled lawnmover that I can push with little effort. But how to start it?

I'm afraid that pulling on the cord that starts the thing could undue the good doctor's work. Can anyone think of a way I can rig up something to start the lawnmower without putting my eyesight in danger?

Hire a teenager
Ask a neighbor
Ask a family member
Ask a passer-by on the street
Tell me where you live and if I'm in the neighborhood, I'll start it for you.