Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT - sad news

On 6/24/2016 5:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 08:19:14 -0700, Eagle wrote:

Frank wrote :
On 6/23/2016 9:11 AM, Eagle wrote:
DerbyDad03 explained on 6/22/2016 :
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 10:31:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:23:49 -0700, Oren wrote:

Eastern Indians, not Injuns we know.

I got a call today from one of them. He said he was from Microsoft,
and my
computer was "making errors on the network."

Maybe this message counts.

For the benefit of the rest of us, I assume you let them in to fix the
problems.
My internet response has been slow lately. When I called my ISP I was
told that it appears to be a global issue caused by a single device.
I'm glad that the people that called you were diligent in their
efforts and were able to track down the root cause of the problem.

I thank you for allowing them to fix your machine and thereby enhance the
internet experience for the rest of us. You are a good man, Mike.
Bless you.

They were persistant. I got tired of them calling so I started messing
with them and they finally gave up.
A little entertainment from the monkeyshaft folks... lol

First on the credit issue, their site was up but to file a complaint you had
to fill out a long form and include your SS number. Screw it.

On the Indians, I got a great one today.

Indian said he was calling on behalf of my internet service provider.

I said, who is that and he said Verizon.

I told him, "you are mistaken my isp is Comcast."

He said, "Oh, Comcast has been taken over by Verizon."

Then I began my "stupid Indian rant", cursed him and hung up.

He called back asking why I thought he was so smart.

I called him an Indian asshole, in Hindi, told him to jump in the Ganges and
hung up telling him not to call back as I would not answer.

He did, I didn't.

Figure I did my good deed by ****ing him off to the point that he might want
more money to partake in this thievery.

That'll teach the MS goons to not hire the indians.

You can bet the "goon" did NOT work for Moicrosoft.

I've had them call saying they were from Microsoft and from Rogers.
I've had popups on my computer claiming to be from both - all telling
me the same thing - my computer was "throwing bad things at the
internet" was the explanation I got from one of them when I called the
number on the notice from Rogers. I asked "is this Rogers" and he
answered "this is Ragish Patel and we work for Rogers". I hung up.

Any time I call Rogers support they answer "this is name from Rogers
in Toronto".. They are calling from Brampton and have that distinctive
"brampton accent" that sounds very "south asian" - but at least they
are sitting at a desk in Brampton Ontario.

I have nothing against Indians and have Indian friends and neighbors and
I have a fairly good ear for accents.

One of my Indian friends recognized the Indian accent and started
talking to the guy in Hindi. The caller said, "Please, sir, I am
required to speak English."

Legitimate US companies like Microsoft and Comcast are hiring them for
obvious cost savings. I have no problem with that but the crooks are
hiring them too.