Andre

Default Remove Hard Deposits on Video Heads?

"Steve(JazzHunter)" wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:11:20 GMT, (Michael) wrote:

I have some Gonzo Stain Remover, but I can't find any reference to what's
in it. Is this the right stuff (PERC or something similar that would
work)?

Michael

That doesn't ring a bell. The smell of Perc is pretty unmistakable.
One clue is that it would melt plasitc if applied. But if it's not
identified I wouldn't use it on a video head.

Yeah, you might end up with a nice clean video head chip which is no
longer attached!

The "microscope and very fine screwdriver" trick apparently works in
really stubborn cases, found that in one of the "VCR Repair
Illustrated" books.
Best used only as a last resort when you've tried everything else.

. Steve .