Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Does Round Up hurt bushes.

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:59:49 -0400, Micky wrote:

I have 5 privet bushes, (arranged in a U fwiw) and someone sprayed
Round-Up on the bed around them. Is this something that should
bother me for horticultural reasons? That is, might he have damaged
the bushes?

I thought Round Up was the stuff that killed everything!

The bed was well mulched by the same people a month or two ago, and
any weeds would have been little and scattered, so there was no way to
spray the weeds without spraying the mulch, and if they weren't
perfect, they probably sprayed the stem/trunk of the bushes, which are
about 6 feet high. I'm mostly worried about their spraying the
stem/trunk.

This is the first time anyone but me has sprayed any weed killer.

A picture on the Round Up website shows someone spraying a weed just a
foot from some flowers. but it also says " spray the weeds on the
leaves, not the soil. The formula enters the plant's system via the
leaves and travels through the plant's circulatory system to the
roots. "

If I tell the company to stop spraying, I'm 99% sure they will. How
often would good landscapers spray Round Up each year anyhow? Are
they done until next June?

You dumb ass. Ask the company doing the spraying -- not us. You get dumber every day.