Bill Jr

Default Philips 41JP20 RPTV

James,
Usually the H.O.T. short will take out that BUW12A.
Mostly caused by poor solder connections everywhere.
The H.O.T. can be replaced with a 2SD1710.
Unless you have the original BU508v laying around.
You will most likely have a coolant contamination situation when you get it
running.
Also, always replace the 100uf 200volt cap in the power supply.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"James Sweet" wrote in message
Got this set dead, fuse was blown. Replaced the BUW12 on the power board,
checked out the rest of that board and fired it up. Power light came on

then
set went dead, stupid me, I missed the separate HOT on the sweep board,

it's
shorted too. I plan on replacing these parts and trying it again, but

first
is there anything major that often fails on these sets? I'm hoping the
flyback and HV block are good, it's a fairly old TV but looks to be in

nice
shape and has been sitting for several years.