Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Partially blocked lawn sprinkler line -- how to unblock and howto prevent in future

On 06/22/2016 12:23 PM, Oren wrote:

And is there a good way to prevent the problem in future? How does one
stop dirt and stones falling into the open line?

Depends. I added ~2 inch risers on the tee and used a shorter pop-up
sprinkler head.

If debris fails in the line, before you turn on the water, use an
older turkey baster to lift dirt out. YMMV

You might try putting temporary longer risers on and the flush them
out.

The one I was replacing was a RainBird MaxiPaw, so there isn't a shorter
version I could use in conjunction with a longer riser. And IAC, the
riser remained attached to the sprinkler and unscrewed from the Tee, so
even a longer riser wouldn't have made any difference.

Perce