k_teppo

Default Yippee!! I'm a Thompson Comsumer Electronics Class Action Lawsuit Member!!

"Bob F." wrote in message ...
Well, well, well. My ship has finally come in!! I arrived home last night
to find a blue envelope from the TAL CLAIMS CENTER, P.O. BOX 1196,
Minneapolis, MN 55440 informing me that I was a member of a group of (all
caps is how it's written) ALL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS WHO OWN AN RCA, GE, OR
PROSCAN BRANDED TELEVISION MANUFACTURED BETWEEN NOVEMBER 1, 1996 AND MARCH
31, 2001 WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHASSIS: CTC 195, 197, AND 203 ("THOMPSON
TELEVISIONS") THAT MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED TEMPORARY AUDIO LOSS.

According to the documentation, I just have to fill out a little, bitty
form, send it in to TAL CLAIMS CENTER, and I'll receive $130!! This is
great news!! That $130 will go a long way to paying for a new main video
board that is no longer working either!!

For any of you other poor saps out there who want to get in on the gravy
train, you can request additional Claim Forms by calling the Claims
administrator at 1-800-876-2934.

On page 5 of the claims form, it instructs me that "Thompson has agreed,
subject to Court approval, to pay a separate sum of $6,900,000 in full" to
"Class Counsel".

Just to sum things up:

Price I Paid for TV (in 1998): $1600
Total Amount Thompson is making available for Class Actions Claiments:
$27,000,000
Total to be Received by the Law Firm that Brought the Lawsuit: $6,900,000
My Final Payout: $130

If somone gave you the TV as a gift then you're inline for a $25 rebate on
your next RCA TV purchase!!!

Everyone's a WINNER at Thompson Consumer Electronics!!

Are residents of Canada eligible to win as well?

-k