Shoreline Electronics

Default Yippee!! I'm a Thompson Comsumer Electronics Class Action Lawsuit Member!!

And...I don't think the audio issues are permanently resolved by any real
fix.....other than Re-iniializing with the chipper check!

Or in some cases......unplugging for 10 minutes!

$130 rebate for the hassle I guess.

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd

"Jason D." wrote in message
Total to be Received by the Law Firm that Brought the Lawsuit: $6,900,000
My Final Payout: $130

Not worth your trouble to get lawyers extract blood from makers like
this frivolus thing and still ruin the sets bec that money isn't spent
to design future decent stuff. At least tell them what you want: good
design, features etc and willing to pay for that ever it comes out.

The shop should do the repair properly and not shotgun expensive
chips, most of time a component is the problem also there is several
bulletins for 195/197 on tuner alone, one or two for 203.

I have not seen a major failures on these 195/197 chassis yet. On 203
chassis the secondary effect especially if customer didn't bring it in
right away at first hint of problem (no picture with working audio or
squealling tv.).

Everyone's a WINNER at Thompson Consumer Electronics!!

Everybody is winner if there's goodwill warrenty if you talk to
thomson's nicely or simply pay to repair and be done with it.

Those lawyers is ones you don't want to get involved especially if
there is safety or criminal issues.

Btw, we're still resoldering CTC17x/CTC187 tuners even it was original
and way out of warrenty and we get happy customers and we earn our
living in the end.

Cheers,

Wizard