Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default STI problems

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:32:26 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 06/21/2016 1:42 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 13:14:18 -0500, wrote:

On 06/21/2016 12:52 PM,

... The last 4000 inserts my customer has provided are from Re-Coil.
These inserts have been really troublesome.

... So we are looking for inserts that can be trusted. ...

No direct help, no sorry; sounds like a problem indeed.

It appears Recoil is an ALCOA product; they're hardly a fly-by-night
outfit. Have you contacted their engineering support with your tale
of woe? I'd expect them to have solutions/guidance.

Recoil=NO HELP. Just salsemen who complain.
Eric

"What We Offer:
The most extensive range of wire thread inserts and thread repair
products in a wide variety of sizes and thread forms.
Ex-stock availability on a huge variety of both standard and special
products.
Optimum installation efficiency achieved by the latest high precision
tooling and years of development experience.
Comprehensive technical support from our dedicated, multi-lingual
European support team.
Contact Information James Baumgartner Customer Service Supervisor North
America 317.704.8852

There's an email form for assistance at

http://www.alcoa.com/fastening_syste...ce/en/general/

contact_afs.asp?contact_recp=1

I wasn't aware of Alcoa Fastening Systems; seems they're Melbourne-based
manufacturing with a US operations headquarters in Indianapolis.

I worked on some upgrade control systems at the rolling mill facility in
Alcoa, TN, a number of years ago, but they're the "soda-can by the mile"
bunch...

I'd surely yell (loudly) with the troubles you're having all the way to
the president if had to before I just slunk away...

I try to be sensitive to a vendor's desires -- at least when their
actions are saying "we desire that you not be our customer". Just as it
almost never works to hire back someone you've fired, it almost never
works to try to arm-twist a vendor into being something they're not.

I'd hesitate to elevate things to the VP or director of NA operations
level, because I'm not sure that I'd want to work with a sales or service
guy whose just got an ass whupping because I complained to his boss's
boss's boss. I might send a letter about why I was switching to Heli-
coil for the foreseeable future, though.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested