Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Wheelie bin style

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:01:27 +0100, Chris French wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 20:29:45 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
A bin is a bin, I did not take you for one of those fusspots who gets
possessive over "their" bin which is identical to everyone else's and
owned by the council anyway.

Not all bins are owned by the council; some councils 'give' them to residents who then have to pay for replacements in the event of loss or damage.

And bins are not identical. Some get washed out weekly and given a spray of Bin-Fresh. Others have six-month-old sludge and bloodstains accumulating at the bottom.

Also, our bins we all panelled with the address.

They sometimes put stickers on bins and don't collect them if the
wrong stuff is in them. (And presumably record a black mark
against you)

But they can't if you don't put your house number on them. A good reason not to.

Anyway, don't most people share bins? Me and my next door neighbour use each other's all the time. Quite often I have loads of one type of thing (eg. cardboard boxes or hedge clippings) to throw out at once, so I fill both. She does a lot of gardening and I don't, so if I haven't just cut my hedge or trimmed a tree, my garden bin gets filled with stuff from her garden.

--
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.