Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Stainless Steel Lav sinks?

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 3:36:59 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 06/21/2016 12:20 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 3:09:22 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
Hi All,

I am in the planning phase of replacing one of my bathroom
sinks. I want to go with stainless steel due to chemical
sensitivities in the family.

This bathroom sink looks perfect:
http://www.elkay.com/sinks/bathroom-sinks/llvr1916

Except that is really, really E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E !!!

I don't have to have the absolute best. Good will do.
Anyone know of a good quality stainless steel lav sink
that won't break the budget? USA made preferred.

Many thanks,
-T

Sorry, my guess is the low volume is going to be an
issue for you. That drives prices. Not sure why a true
porcelain sink in a true solid surface would be an
issue for you related to chemical sensitivities.

Porcelain sink are too heavy for me too put in and they
are way too fragile as in chipping and cracking when
hard things drop on them. They are better looking
than stainless but at this point I want it to
last till I die (~ 30 years

It's just a bathroom sink, not a kitchen sink or bathtub. And it doesn't have
to be a cast iron porcelain sink, they make less expensive, lighter
ones out of some kind of lighter metal, eg Americast from American Standard.