Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Michael Howard on Newsnight.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:42:49 +0100, Robin wrote:

The nearest I can find is that the EU *might* overturn the Scottish
government's *proposal* (law not yet passed) for minimum alcohol
pricing, saying it *might* be in contravention of free-trade laws. Note
the caveats. This of course has been jumped on by some as being set in
tablets of stone.

IMHO a little DIY would show the terms of the ECJ judgment are different
from, and more forceful than, that summary.

Which is why I already posted a link to the actual ECJ press release,
which contained a link to the full (and verbose) judgement.