Posted to uk.d-i-y
Halmyre Halmyre is offline

Default Michael Howard on Newsnight.

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:52:22 PM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
On yesterday's Newsnight, Michael Howard stated that the EU had overturned
a law passed by the Scottish parliament. Evan Davis didn't challenge this
- I'd guess, like me he didn't know what was being referred to. And
despite some Googling, I can't find out either.

And then stated it was very likely to do the same with a UK one in the
pipeline. Which wasn't expanded on or challenged either.

I'd be surprised if the UK government introduced a bill they knew would be
against EU law, but who knows? If anyone can explain both of his
statements, I'd be grateful.

--
*Kill one man and you're a murderer, kill a million youand 're a conqueror.