Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sterling prices.

On 20/06/16 22:45, dennis@home wrote:
On 20/06/16 16:50, dennis@home wrote:
On 20/06/2016 15:43, Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:46:57 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

We'd first have to set up that factory to make those super power
hungry
vacuum cleaners for the UK market. Which couldn't be exported to the
EU.
It might be possible to export them elsewhere - but very doubtful the
UK could be competitive with such things. And given our resident
expert
on all things vacuum cleaner, Dyson, so much loved on here, doesn't
manufacture in the UK and also find no reason to make cleaners above
the
EU limit, it is a non starter.

Numatic, of course, do still manufacture in the UK.

Our Henry is around 20 years old, and the label has it rated at 850w...

And they are commercial machines so don't have to comply with the same
rules as household vacs anyway.

You are a liar Dennis.

They (Henrys) are household vacs. That you can walk into Currys and buy.

The regulations are saying some manufacturers can make good vacs so we
will mandate that everyone does.

No they are not. "From the 1st of September 2014, manufacturers were
banned from making or importing vacuum cleaners above 1,600 watts within
the European Union. "

End of story.

You had better tell Numatic then as they are selling 2000W ones here..

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...ct.asp?ID=3771

You really don't have a clue about the EU and its regs that you despise
so much.

Again you introduce a straw man. You said numatic only make industrial
vaccuum cleaners. I said Henry's weren't industrial vacuum cleaners.

I never said that industrial machinery was subject to the 1600W rule.
That would be a bit silly when you might want something the size of a
transit sucking sludge up from a sewage tank.

So once again, you've been caught lying.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)