Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT - sad news

On 6/20/2016 1:35 PM, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 6/20/16 1:21 PM, Frank wrote:
I got declined for a credit card the other day at Coles and they said
they would send me a letter. I did not even want to get their credit
card but they said I could get 30% off my shoe purchase if I applied.
Even though it was declined clerk was nice enough to give me 20% off.

Letter today says card was declined because credit report said I was
deceased.

Trying to get in touch with the reporter, TransUnion so far has been
impossible. Computers down and I got through on the phone to one of
their Indians but he said there was nothing he could do because
computers were down.

He refused to take a message.

World is full of incompetents.

But, if others hear this sad news who knows what other idiots I will
have to deal with.

I'd immediately check in with the others to make sure they don't also
have you as dead. If you are getting a pension or SS, you might want to
do the same before the checks stop with no warning..

Could happen. I've heard others on TV say they had to spend months to
correct this.

I only use one credit card but have others for wife. She pointed out
that she just got a note from Discover that contained my credit score.

I never ask for a credit report and don't need one. I like the
convenience and pay it off in full at end of month.

SS does have me worried. When dad died I called them and they just
asked for his name and SS number and that was it. Wife just pointed out
that when I reported him deceased that I was on his checking account but
this was nearly 15 years ago and I was not signed up then.