Mark D. Zacharias

Default Transformer CD Player repair

There is no guidance for a correct replacement value, and one cannot
position the replacement inside the transformer. I generally use a link of
fuse-wire for the replacement. At 220v a 1/2 amp pico-fuse would probably be
adequate.

Mark Z.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
There is a chance you have an open thermal link on the primary side.

Very
common on equipment sold in the U.S. I suppose your 220V model could use

one
as well. It can be jumpered if accessible, but this presumes you know

what
you're doing, otherwise _bad_ things can happen.

Mark Z.

Don't jumper it, replace it.