Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Table Saw Help

On 6/18/2016 7:19 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote in
:

It's been several years since I've looked at any Rigid saw so I really
can't say for today's products. Back around 10 years or maybe a
little less ago, they were a really good buy. Well built, lots of
great features, great warranty, etc. I'd really have to look at what
they are offering today before I could comment though. Hopefully
others here have more updated knowledge than I do. Just be careful of
the guys who start to raise concerns based upon nothing that they
really know. A ton of that can happen here...

If you find an Ridgid 3650 or 3660 (same saw, different package) in good
condition, it's well worth purchasing. It's been a fantastic saw, except
I'm not too fond of the way the guard attaches.

What do you not like about the way that the guard attaches? I have the
3650 and I think that it is very simple to remove or replace the guard.
All you have to do is twist one thumb screw.

Now, if you had said that you did not like the original adjustment of
the guard, then I would have agreed with you. I spent about an hour
before I found the right technique and it involved the use of a hammer
to get the splitter to be vertical.

However, now that I have the guard set correctly, it goes off and on
easily and is positioned correctly without anything more than tightening
the thumb screw.

Dan