Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Table Saw Help

On 6/18/2016 8:48 PM, Leon wrote:
ses and I cannot stress how much a mobile base on a TS makes close
quarters work areas less troublesome.

This is something that I have always wondered why it did not get more press.

I first came across mobile desk when I was working in the laboratory.
We had many instruments and being mobile could be clustered as needed.

I currently have my table saw and work bench on wheels. The work bench
was made to be the same height as the table saw so it can be positioned
to be an out feed table when you are ripping on the table saw.

At other times the work bench is on the operator side of the table saw
and is a staging area for the pieces to be cut. I make a lot of
stretchers and picture frames. This means that if you are making a
lot of frames or stretchers you are going to have a pile of pieces to be
cut. It is nice to have every thing so you can reach it with a slight
turn.

I have even used the work bench to change the ceiling lights, as it can
be rolled under the light that needs to be change.

The work bench can be rolled over to the car or lawn tractor when you
are working on them.

When you change project every thing not needed is rolled to it storage
position.

Point being with everything on wheels you have a very flexible work area
that can be quite usable in a limited amount of space.