Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw Help

Meanie wrote:
On 6/18/2016 4:21 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Meanie wrote:

I've been seeing them on Rigid and Craftsman models. Though, not all.
I'm not worried about the integrity of that design since it would be
easier to replace a motor and belt, just concerned about it sticking out
or impeding on the belt in my tight space. I also plan to make it
mobilized which could add to the hindrance.

Not sure why you're worrying about that. I've never had an issue with
my motor hanging off the back. You have to remember, anything you cut
is going to travel further than what the motor sticks out. There are no
issues with the belts on this design as long as your belt is in good
condition and your pulleys are as well. Mine is mounted on wheels and
that poses absolutely no issues at all.

Thanks for the info. What's your opinion on the Rigid brand?

It's been several years since I've looked at any Rigid saw so I really
can't say for today's products. Back around 10 years or maybe a little
less ago, they were a really good buy. Well built, lots of great
features, great warranty, etc. I'd really have to look at what they are
offering today before I could comment though. Hopefully others here
have more updated knowledge than I do. Just be careful of the guys who
start to raise concerns based upon nothing that they really know. A ton
of that can happen here...

--
-Mike-