Posted to rec.woodworking
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Table Saw Help

On 6/18/2016 1:17 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/18/2016 9:19 AM, Meanie wrote:
My portable (on site) 10" Hitachi table saw took a dump the other day. I
disassembled the motor and discovered the winding bearings are shot.
Lowest replacement cost I found is $260 for the motor. As much as I
would love to buy a new full size TS, but that's not gonna happen.
Therefore, I've resorted to the used dept of either size and currently
there are several on CL but I'm uncertain of good brands and their value
other than the likes of Grizzly, Jets, Powermatic, etc.

I'm asking for suggestions and help to determine value and anything else
you can offer.

There is this much older Grizzly TS
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/tls/5603285777.html that I may
consider (if I can fit it in my area) but not certain if it's worth the
asking price.

Also this Bosch portable model
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/tld/5579125284.html

Dewalt http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/5613421892.html

Grizzly - they're asking $325 for this one
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tld/5608081399.html

There are many more but most are Craftsman which I'm staying away from
and a couple Rigids which I'm apprehensive about as well from reading
some reviews. Plus, I'm not sure I like the belt driven motor sticking
out.

If anyone wants to see the others listed in my area and provide input,
it's appreciated, otherwise, I'll focus more so on what I provided
above.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/search...ry=table%20saw

Thank you

Just something to consider if you are going with a used bench top again.
These saws are not built to last as long as contractor or cabinet saws
are.
Yours has become unusable, how long will it be before a used one becomes
unusable.

Good point.