Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

On 18/06/16 17:19, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
wrote:
We wont be "leaving" the EU for this year or next year, we will be doing
if for the next 20, 30, 40 years.

Not so. It's accepted it will take about 2 years.

After that, it will be prolonged negotiations to reach a new deal. If the
EU still exists as now, guaranteed worse that the one we have at the
moment.

It is the Asian and South American countries that are growing richer
every year that we need to increase trade with, and it is the EU
introspectiveness that is holding us (and all the other EU countries)
back from that.

And all those countries want a deal with the EU - not the UK on its own.

I really don't think you've any idea just how involved it is
negotiating a
deal with another country. It's not done by a couple of people over a
pint
one evening. There may well be a handshake between leaders that gets the
publicity as an intention - but then the real work starts.

Having done international agreements, I agree, as everyone has
different selfish objectives but in the interim, trade continues
without problems IME.

Exactly., Default trade is 'I have beads and blankets, you give me woman OK?

Smuggling is trade carried on ignoring tariffs It has a long and ignoble
history.

Tariffs have always been erected by governments to protect local
pressure groups from competition.

Which is what the EU does., erects EU industries from global comepetion.
Which is why trade deals take so long.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels