Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Chain Saw: Which To Purchase ?

In article , Bob
wrote:

Hi,

First, much thanks for all the really good advice.

Frankly, never thought of an "electric," but will undoubtedly be the way
to go.

Question. If I get the Battery operated kind, and the battery runs down
during usage, can I run an extension cord to it, then, and use it
as the battery is being charged (in the saw) ?

Or, must the battery and its charger, be used external to the saw, and
the saw is useless until the battery is recharged ?

Bob-

I purchased a DeWalt kit that included a reciprocating saw. It uses the
newer 20 Volt "Max" batteries that do not self-discharge, and came with
two. The charger it came with is the rapid charging model. One battery
can be on charge while using the other.

I use the reciprocating saw with a pruning blade for small stuff. The
chain saw can cut larger branches and is faster, but bar oil is messy.

Fred