Posted to rec.woodworking
tdacon tdacon is offline

Default Table Saw Help

"Meanie" wrote in message ...

Dewalt http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/5613421892.html

I had one of those Dewalt 744's quite a while ago and used it for at least
ten years. I got it because it was portable enough to put into a dock cart
and take down to the dock where I was working on my boat. It was a good
little saw. The rack-and-pinion mechanism on the fence keeps the fence dead
parallel to the blade, with a useful range of 24 inches. There's stowage for
spare blades on the right-hand side under the table.

When I no longer needed it on the dock I sold it to a cabinetmaker friend
and he still uses it once in a while when he needs a saw at a job site. One
day the motor failed to start, but I was able to get it serviced under
warranty and never had trouble with it again. $180 sounds a little high to
me, though, but if it's not too old and has been well-cared-for it might be
an OK price.

Tom