Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

In article ,
tim... wrote:
We wont be "leaving" the EU for this year or next year, we will be doing
if for the next 20, 30, 40 years.

Not so. It's accepted it will take about 2 years.

After that, it will be prolonged negotiations to reach a new deal. If the
EU still exists as now, guaranteed worse that the one we have at the
moment.

It is the Asian and South American countries that are growing richer
every year that we need to increase trade with, and it is the EU
introspectiveness that is holding us (and all the other EU countries)
back from that.

And all those countries want a deal with the EU - not the UK on its own.

I really don't think you've any idea just how involved it is negotiating a
deal with another country. It's not done by a couple of people over a pint
one evening. There may well be a handshake between leaders that gets the
publicity as an intention - but then the real work starts.

--
*My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.