Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

On 18/06/16 16:04, Mark Allread wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 13:50:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 18/06/16 13:33, Andy Burns wrote:
Mark Allread wrote:

|All but 2 of the top-10 trading partners of the UK belong to the
European Union. The UKs main trading partner in 2014 was Germany,
which accounted for 12.3% of all UK trade in that year. In second
position was the United States (9.5%), followed by the Netherlands
(7.5%), China (7.3% ) and France (5.9%). Together, these 10 countries
accounted for 61.4% of UK trade in 2014.

Phew, that's a relief - the companies we would want agreements with
are mostly in the EU. Oh no! we are wanting to leave the EU.

Though the only EU country from that list which we have net exports to
is Ireland (Switzerland if you include EEA countries).

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/20...-the-eu-would-

mean-
renegotiating-more-than-100-trade-agreements/

yeah we wouldn't want to go back to the pre EEC days when

the UK was part of EFTA

or do you want to go back even earlier than that?

I wouldn't want to go back at all.. ;-)

I had cold knees, short trousers and a jumper that made me itch.

"Saki"