Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

the only EU country from that list which we have net exports to is
Ireland

Right. So only trade with countries where you export more to than
import from.

Did I say that?

It was left as an exercise for the reader to work out that for the other
countries, they have more of a vested interest in a trade deal with us,
than we do with them ...

But those countries being part of the EU can't negotiate a deal with us
individually. Which is rather obvious because once our goods arrive at an
EU country, they would then be within the EU and subject to free movement.

It's never going to be a problem for us to import from a country.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.