Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Trade agreements

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Mark Allread wrote:

|All but 2 of the top-10 trading partners of the UK belong to the
European Union. The UK‘s main trading partner in 2014 was Germany,
which accounted for 12.3% of all UK trade in that year. In second
position was the United States (9.5%), followed by the Netherlands
(7.5%), China (7.3% ) and France (5.9%). Together, these 10 countries
accounted for 61.4% of UK trade in 2014.

Phew, that's a relief - the companies we would want agreements with
are mostly in the EU. Oh no! we are wanting to leave the EU.

Though the only EU country from that list which we have net exports to
is Ireland (Switzerland if you include EEA countries).

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/20...eu-would-mean-
renegotiating-more-than-100-trade-agreements/

Right. So only trade with countries where you export more to than import
from. The BREXIT theory of economics. The fag packets are getting smaller
these days.

well, no. You could, once upon a time, buy Woodbines in packets of 5.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England