Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

On 18/06/16 13:33, Andy Burns wrote:
Mark Allread wrote:

|All but 2 of the top-10 trading partners of the UK belong to the
European Union. The UKs main trading partner in 2014 was Germany, which
accounted for 12.3% of all UK trade in that year. In second position was
the United States (9.5%), followed by the Netherlands (7.5%), China (7.3%
) and France (5.9%). Together, these 10 countries accounted for 61.4% of
UK trade in 2014.

Phew, that's a relief - the companies we would want agreements with are
mostly in the EU. Oh no! we are wanting to leave the EU.

Though the only EU country from that list which we have net exports to
is Ireland (Switzerland if you include EEA countries).

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/20...eu-would-mean-
renegotiating-more-than-100-trade-agreements/

yeah we wouldn't want to go back to the pre EEC days when you couldn't
buy a bottle of French wine, take a holiday ins spain and there simply
were no german cars on the roads at all.

And all you could get in the shops were new zealand lamb and butter,
Argentinian beef, and south african fruits, and bananas from the carribean.

And we had to watch American films. and listen to American music. And
eat in Indian restaurants.

I mean we couldn't even listen to Francoise Hardy, Or Jaques Brel, till
we joined the Common Market.

Ive just realised why I want Brexit after all ;-)

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)