Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trade agreements

In article ,
tim... wrote:
We will use standard WTO rules until we can negotiate something better.

We will almost certainly, unilaterally remove import tariffs from stuff
that we "need" to import, such as food!

If the UK is outside the EU, what do you mean by unilaterally? In
contravention of WTO rules?

An independant UK is never going to have a problem importing goods. Why
would it? Apart from perhaps strategically sensitive stuff like arms, etc.

The difficult bit is exporting stuff - to pay for all those imports.

--
*Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.