Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default 2.4GHz video sending

In article , Capitol
scribeth thus
I recently fitted a reversing camera and screen to the people
carrier. The idea was to use wireless coupling between camera and
screen. It failed, as the wireless range was in the region of 10 ft in
free air. Anyway with much cursing I hard wired the video in the car and
put the wireless bits on one side for further investigation. I found
this week, when I checked the transmission frequency of the transmitter
that it was putting out 3.69GHz, which I believe is outside the 2,4GHz
band. I checked the frequency counter with another sender operating on
channel 1 and came up with 4.1GHz, which is in the right ball park.
Does anyone have any experience of this type of off frequency problem?
The antenna length is 38mm, which seems a bit long but may be based on
experience. I can't find any references to people using 2.37GHz for
video sending, anyone know otherwise? The unit is Xtal controlled.

Take it your using a rectum speccylyser for those measurements?....
--
Tony Sayer