Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Chain Saw: Which To Purchase ?

Bob wrote:
Hi,

Want to purchase a "small" chain saw for cutting some light brush
around the house.

Probably 20+ years since I've looked at these gadgets.

As I'm a bit on the "elderly" side now, my main requirement is, I
think, that it start Very easily and reliably. Also, easy to adjust.

Apparently, Stihl and Husqueva are the big names now.
Also Poulan, still, and several others.

What brand do you think would be best for me ?
Why ?

Any will work but Stihl, Echo & Husquvarna will last the longest. However,
what do you mean by "light brush"? Chain saws are meant for cutting wood;
generally, sizeable wood. If what you have is truly light brush you might
do better using a weed whacker that will take a brush blade. They work well
and it is worlds easier to whack off brush near the ground with one than it
is with a chain saw.