Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Bosch BlueGranite 1/4" bit

Joe wrote:
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 3:18:35 PM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:
Joe wrote:

You may be hitting metal in the wall. Can't say for sure. Does the
drill have a hammer / impact mode?

Don't know what your talking about...not that savvy. Never heard of
drill having a hammer / impact mode..but thats me...and yet, I doubt
it. It is a $100 Hitachi variable drill.

Drills for masonry can either...

1. rotate the bit

2. hammer with the bit (like a mini jackhammer, bits are more like
small
chisels)

3. rotate AND hammer a round bit. The hammering greatly increases the
efficiency.

For a casual user, something that will do #1 and #3 are most useful
IME.
Harbor Freight sells one for about $30.

Sorry, could you make it clearer about the Harbor Freight $30? What
do I ask for when i get there? Thanks

A hammer drill. Like these...
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...q=hammer+drill

This is the one I have, price has gone up a bit...
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-h...ill-60495.html