Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Trade agreements

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:31:19 -0500, Mark Allread wrote:

But it wouldn't be a *free* trade deal, we'd have to re-negotiate
those,

and that is where I was told I was wrong (along with others) and that
the UK would *not* need to re-negotiate any trade deals.

Of course the UK would need to negotiate any trade deals, since there are
no deals in place currently between the UK and any other nation. We could
ask for any pre-existing EU deal to be the basis of it, assuming that's
what we wanted to have, but until that was negotiated and agreed, there
would be nothing in place.